Samsung unveils 3 hi-tech digital cameras
Dubai, May 12, 2009
Samsung launched its new point-and-shoot digital still cameras in the Bahrain Market; WB500, IT100 and ST50.
Unique, advanced and stylish, these new cameras allow consumers to experience higher-end features and performance at more affordable prices, said a company spokesperson.
'We are upping the ante in 2009 with a large and compelling range of digital cameras. With the convenience of user-friendly features anyone can produce the perfect shot,' said BJ Kim, general manager of AV Division at Samsung Gulf Electronics.
'We're especially pleased to announce the WB500 flagship model; which is the first compact to be launched with 10X optical zoom and a 24mm ultra wide lens. The WB500 is designed to deliver better images through innovative technologies and an array of advanced features.'
WB500 is a compact camera equipped with the sort of advanced zoom lens technology traditionally only seen in SLR sized products. Its 2.7-inch LCD screen makes it simple for photographers to carefully edit their images on the go.
The WB500 records High Definition (HD) film at 720P resolution at 30 frames per second. Consumers can play back crisp, clean shots and sharp movie-quality recordings on their HD television, boasting the professional standard photos they have captured.
Samsung’s new IT100 offers users a 28mm wide-angle lens, a powerful 5x optical zoom paired with Optical and Digital Image Stabilization.
The 12 mega pixel IT100 includes HD movie capture so consumers can ‘Pause and Re-record’ high definition videos and super sharp movie-quality recordings in one movie clip - a Samsung patented function.
In addition to Smart Auto, the IT100 also features Samsung’s proprietary Smart Album program and the Samsung Perfect Portrait System designed to help capture better portraits and group shots of family and friends.
The Samsung ultra-slim ST50 is a remarkably stylish and easy-to-use 12.2 mega-pixel point-and-shoot digital camera, said a company statement.
The camera combines an immaculate compact design with user friendly functions. Housed in a brushed stainless steel body that’s just 16.6mm wide (excluding the lens), the ST50 is just the camera to slip into in this season’s must-have handbag or jean pocket.
Sporting 12.2 Megapixels, a high standard lens with 3x optical zoom, as well as a large 2.7-inch LCD screen for framing shots and easily reviewing images and videos, the ST50 has all the features one needs to get the perfect shot every time.
The ST50 incorporates Samsung’s proprietary Smart Album program, the Samsung Perfect Portrait System and Digital Image Stabilization (DIS) technology all engineered to help improve results and enhance one’s images, said the statement.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain