SouqExtra! readies for expansion plans
Dubai, June 2, 2009
SouqExtra!, a leading community-focused centre, recently held talks with municipality officials from the different emirates aiming to fit its expansion plans with those of individual emirates.
The initiative was an important step in SouqExtra!’s strategy to enhance its positioning in the UAE, by providing tailor-made services that respond to the daily needs of residents in each community it serves.
“With SouqExtra! we have developed a pioneering retail concept that is rooted in local communities which is why we considered it essential to communicate our expansion plans with the concerned municipality authorities to obtain their feedback as well as information on local development plans, for our mutual benefit and the benefit of the communities in each of the emirates we wish to take this unique concept,” explained Saleh Abdullah Lootah, managing director of SouqExtra!
Lootah also drew attention to SouqExtra!’s innovative Bedayati initiative that allocates space within each outlet to Emarati entrepreneurs interested in starting their own businesses.
“Our strategy revolves around local communities: this does not involve only meeting the needs of its residents, but extends to the development of an entire lifestyle,” he said.
“We found that this requires close coordination with local authorities to understand the demographics of a particular area and determine its specific requirements. SouqExtra!’s Bedayati initiative also plays an important role in supporting the UAE’s Emiratisation program by helping local businessmen to choose a prime location to start their own businesses.”
SouqExtra! intends to go forward with its expansion strategy in the capital and other emirates after receiving positive and encouraging feedback from the various UAE municipalities and related authorities during the meetings it has conducted to date.
SouqExtra! is a pioneering lifestyle supercentre model, representing an innovative retail concept shaped by extensive research into outlet positioning as well as the quality and variety of services offered. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder