Metro-to-mall walkway to open in Sept
Dubai, June 2, 2009
A swift access walkway from Dubai Metro to Mall of the Emirates will open in September in Dubai, according to a report.
Among the features that have been designed to ease visitors’ access to the popular retail and leisure centre is a series of travellators that will convey customers along an air-conditioned covered walkway, transporting them comfortably and efficiently from station to a new retail area.
As the Metro’s launch date draws closer, Mall of the Emirates is completing its new extension which will provide visitors with a link to a further eleven world class retailers as they make their way to the main mall.
High-tech travellators will transport passengers directly from the Mall of the Emirates station to the shops, which will include Cold Stone Creamery, Better Life, E-City, Home Sweet Home, Jacky’s Electronics, Nokia, UAE Exchange, Paperchase and Borders Express.
Fuad Sharaf, vice president, Mall of the Emirates, says the station-stop-and-shop link will make Mall of the Emirates a more accessible destination for visitors than ever.
“You literally have to step off the platform, make your way to the travellator and you are inside the Mall within a couple of minutes,” he said. “The new outlets with world class brands en route make it the perfect way to reach us.”
“Majid Al Futtaim and the RTA have been working collaboratively for over 18 months to ensure our customers can travel from the new station to the mall on September 9 in a fast and efficient manner.”
“The link also means that it is much easier for our customers to reach their next Metro stop and the new extension outlets will add even more value to their visit,” added Sharaf.
The metro entrance to Mall of the Emirates will be on the first floor above Carrefour hypermarket. There will also be a customer services point, ATMs, and a trolley park along the new link with several new signs around the mall to guide shoppers to the station.
“We are the only metro station to provide this service to shoppers, and our additional retailers will mean there is even more choice available. It’s a case of more convenience, more outlets and a more enjoyable Mall of the Emirates experience,” said Sharaf. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices