Sharaf DG to distribute Thuraya products
Abu Dhabi, June 14, 2009
Thuraya, a leading mobile satellite operator, has signed a distribution agreement with UAE-based IT and consumer electronics retailer, Sharaf DG, to boost its network in the local and regional markets.
This partnership will ensure better availability of Thuraya products at regular consumer outlets, said a top company official. The main target customers are users located in the UAE, GCC and Middle Eastern region who require mobile satellite services, especially frequent travelers.
As per the agreement, Sharaf DG will be distributing Thuraya’s SO-2510 and SG-2520 as well as other Thuraya products such as its broadband solution, ThurayaIP at its stores across the Gulf region.
"Through this agreement with Sharaf DG, Thuraya has now provided a broader distribution platform locally and regionally to facilitate consumer accessibility to the Company’s competitive products."
"The UAE is a target transit point and the regional and Middle Eastern customers will be able to purchase Thuraya products easily and conveniently,” said Thuraya’s chief commercial officer Dr. Sven Rohte.
He pointed out that Thuraya was the ideal communication partner for several sectors regionally especially oil and gas, travelers, government and media who require MSS services.
Thuraya’s SO-2510 is the world’s “smallest” satellite phone that weighs 130 grams, and is ideal for users located in remote areas. The SG-2520 is the world’s “smartest” satellite telephone that has superior features such as GPS and GmPRS.
“Adding Thuraya to our portfolio of products enhances our leadership in the telecommunications solutions market. We anticipate increased demand for Thuraya products in light of the fact that customers can now purchase them in so many of our outlets,” said Sharaf DG’s chief executive officer Nilesh Khalkho.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector