Capinnova to pump $50m into Bahrain mall
Manama, June 27, 2009
Capinnova Investment Bank, the Shari’a compliant investment banking subsidiary of BBK, has announced plans to co-invest in a project valued at $50 million in the retail sector in Bahrain.
Construction of this massive commercial project has already begun and scheduled completion date is expected to be the second half of the year 2010.
The Capinnova investment is linked to the development of the largest commercial mall in Bahrain’s Muharraq area which will be operated by one of the most successful GCC retailers.
Jamal Hijres; Capinnova’s chief executive officer said: 'It is a historic moment for us at Capinnova Investment Bank as we have stepped into the country’s vibrant retail sector to develop this state-of-the-art retail mall in the Kingdom.'
'This growth capital financing transaction is a testimony of the Bank’s confident approach in supporting successful business initiatives. We are content with supporting our prominent clients with innovative Shari’a compliant instruments that ensure a win-win position for all parties involved,' Hijres pointed out.
“We also feel that ventures such as this will also increase demand for skilled Bahraini manpower in this particular sector. Moreover these large commercial establishments will play a significant role in boosting the country’s economic growth under these challenging market conditions,” he added.
Yasser Abbady, senior director, Head of Corporate Finance, Capinnova Investment Bank, said the retail sector in Bahrain had proved to be resilient in the face of external global factors.
'In tandem Capinnova continues to target opportunities in other sectors such as telecommunication, utilities, industrial, services, and financial institutions to support raising growth funds or integration through mergers and acquisitions.'
“Capinnova’s vision is to be a world class Islamic investment bank offering a range of high quality products and services to a diverse clientele, Hijres noted.
'The Bank aims is to become the Islamic investment bank of choice and a niche player, providing clients in the GCC and Mena region with superior investment products. These products are aimed at building and sustaining shareholder value whilst maintaining an optimal balance between risks and returns,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices