DSS attracts over 4,000 retail registrations
Dubai, July 15, 2009
Over 4000 retail outlets have registered so far to be part of the promotion organized during this year’s Dubai Summer Surprises amid 'a positive economic wave' being felt across all sectors in Dubai this summer, said officials.
Suhaila Gobash, events manager and retail registration supervisor of Dubai Shopping Festival Office, said, “The registration number is a clear indication that retail outlets across Dubai wait for DSS to generate more footfall and sales. It is not only the registrations that are notable; sales figures from across malls indicate that DSS has had a positive impact on the retail industry.”
The DSF Office had held a meeting with over 125 representatives of leading retail entities in Dubai to discuss and chalk out plans for shopping promotions being organized over the summer from June 1 to September. The initiative is the first and longest single shopping promotion to be held in the region, spanning four months.
Keen on supporting the retail sector, the DSF Office had made it clear that retailers would need to only pay registration charges for four months this year that were, in previous years, applicable to a two-month period during DSS.
Promotions and shopping deals are currently being done through Dubai Summer Surprises, the Back-to-School season, Ramadan, and ‘Eid in Dubai’ (Eid Al Fitr).
Retailers can look forward to numerous options to be part of the promotions with the ‘Surprising Deals’ package to be organized throughout Dubai Summer Surprises from June 11 to August 14, 2009.
This will be followed by the ‘Back-to-School Season’ from August 9 to September 10, 2009. The third package is titled ‘Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr Offers’, running from August 9 to September 30, 2009.
Retailers also have the option to organize raffle draws during the four-month period subject to approval from DSF Office.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia