Samsung announces new eco-friendly initiative
Dubai, July 22, 2009
Samsung has announced a new green management initiative that establishes a comprehensive set of goals intended to make Samsung a leading eco-friendly company by 2013.
Focused on achieving low-carbon economic growth, the company laid out four core green management objectives as part of its 'Eco-Management 2013' plan.
The objectives included: reducing greenhouse gas emissions normalised by sales from manufacturing facilities by 50 per cent and cutting total indirect greenhouse gas emissions from all products by 84 million tons over a five year period through 2013; ensuring 100 per cent of Samsung’s products are eco-friendly and exceed global eco-mark standards; investing 5.4 trillion Korean won in various eco-management initiatives; and enhancing green partnerships with suppliers and partners.
The company also unveiled its green management vision, 'Creating New Value through Eco-Innovation,' and the program’s slogan, 'PlanetFirst', during a ceremony at its corporate headquarters in Seoul.
“This eco-management initiative will encompass all of our global operations, supply chain, and the complete lifecycle of Samsung products, and by achieving these goals we aim to lead the way in tackling the environmental problems that are facing our planet,” said Yoon-Woo Lee, Samsung Electronics' vice chairman and CEO.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Souq.com launches exclusive tablet
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE