APC unveils UPS for small data centres
Dubai, August 11, 2009
APC by Schneider Electric has launched MGE Galaxy 3500, an innovative, three-phase general purpose uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
With an optimised footprint in a sturdy enclosure, the MGE Galaxy 3500 is suitable for a wide range of applications in the 10-40kVA segment – from small data centers and electrical rooms up to highly-demanding industrial environments.
Relying on hot-swappable batteries, the new MGE Galaxy 3500 results in reduced downtime and increased runtime scalability for IT and electrical room environments.
Designed to pack a myriad of features into a small footprint, the MGE Galaxy 3500 makes the best use of available space in tight environments, even those without dedicated IT space.
The double conversion on-line topology, critical for process control, industrial, electrical room, and automation control applications, delivers zero transfer time and perfect regulation, while the parallel capability – up to four units – for either capacity or redundancy delivers flexibility of evolution.
Particularly well adapted to demanding industrial environments, the MGE Galaxy 3500’s heavy duty design of reinforced steel plates – 2mm front steel plate and NEMA 12/IP51 top plate – protects the UPS against hard handling, dirt and dripping liquids. In addition, it features easily replaceable air filters that prevent dust and debris from affecting performance. The MGE Galaxy 3500 also offers best in-class efficiency, up to 96 per cent, for reduced cost of ownership, according to a company spokesperson.
“The MGE Galaxy 3500 provides high-performance power protection and is the most efficient general-purpose UPS for electrical rooms and small data centers,” said Christian Bertrand, director, APC by Schneider Electric – ME & Turkey.
“It offers the reliability and robustness that you expect from the MGE Galaxy product line with increased efficiency and modularity.”
The MGE Galaxy 3500 is currently available in ME, Pakistan, Turkey and Egypt.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector