Apple launches new iPod range
Dubai, September 10, 2009
Apple has launched a new line-up of iPods with brand new features including audio-video, gaming and multi-touch, alongside the latest version of media player, iTunes 9.
Apple’s new iPod nano features a video camera, mic and speaker, enabling users to shoot video wherever they are, view it on their iPod nano and use their computers to transfer the videos to YouTube.
The new iPod nano features an ultra-thin and sleek design with a larger 2.2-inch colour display and gorgeous polished aluminum and glass enclosure. iPod nano also features a built-in FM radio with live pause and iTunes Tagging, as well as a built-in pedometer.
The new iPod nano is available in an 8GB model and a 16GB model, and comes in eight brilliant colors including silver, black, purple, blue, green, orange, yellow, and pink.
Apple also introduced the new iPod touch lineup, giving users an iPod, a great pocket computer, a great game player and access to Apple’s revolutionary App Store with over 75,000 applications.
iPod touch features Apple’s revolutionary multi-touch user interface, a gorgeous 3.5-inch widescreen glass display, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a built-in accelerometer and speaker—all in an amazingly thin metal design that slips easily into your pocket. The 8GB iPod touch is now available, along with new models, which deliver twice the capacity for the same price, with the iPod touch 32GB model and 64GB model.
The new Apple iPod shuffle, the world’s smallest music player and the first music player to talk to you, is now available in five colours. iPod shuffle’s intuitive controls are conveniently located on the headphone cord, letting you navigate and enjoy music without even looking.
With the press of a button, you can play, pause, adjust volume and switch playlists, plus the VoiceOver feature lets iPod shuffle speak song titles, artists and playlist names. The iPod shuffle is available worldwide today in a new 2GB model and a 4GB model, and both models come in silver, black, pink, blue and green.
Apple also launched iTunes 9, the latest version of the world’s most popular software application to purchase, manage and play media, packed with innovative features such as iTunes LP, Home Sharing and Genius Mixes, as well as a redesigned store and improved syncing.
iTunes 9 makes it easier than ever to discover, purchase and enjoy your music, movies, TV shows, and apps for iPhone and iPod touch from Apple’s revolutionary App Store. In addition, Home Sharing now lets you easily transfer songs, movies and TV shows to other computers in your home. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector