Jumbo, Gorenje ink distribution deal
Dubai, October 5, 2009
Jumbo Electronics, a leading consumer electronics firm, has signed a contract with Slovenia-based Gorenje, a top European manufacturer of household appliances, for exclusive distribution rights of Gorenje’s products in the UAE and Oman.
The deal, which represents 20-25 per cent of all Gorenje sales across the Middle East, gives Jumbo Electronics the right to sell selected Gorenje branded products at its 30 retail shops across the UAE, and exclusive distribution rights across Jumbo’s wider business network in the UAE and Oman.
All Gorenje product categories – including cookers, fridges, freezers, ovens, hobs & hoods, washing machines and tumble dryers – will soon become available in Jumbo stores and other retail outlets across the Jumbo distribution network, said a statement.
Jumbo Electronics will also be providing exclusive after-sales support for Gorenje products at its fully-fledged service centres.
“This new partnership with Gorenje introduces a well known and respected European brand with a strong design aesthetic to shoppers in the UAE and Oman,” said Peter McElwaine, CEO, Jumbo Electronics.
“We see real prospects for the brand’s growth in the region, and will work with the Gorenje team to boost presence and sales in the Middle East.”
Franjo Bobinac, president and CEO, Gorenje, said: “Middle East is one of the most promising markets for Gorenje. Partnering with Jumbo Electronics gives us unrivalled networks and routes to market across the UAE and Oman.”
Dedicated dealer conventions will be used to introduce the new products to business partners and enhance Gorenje’s market base in the region; with in-store activities and customer promotions helping to introduce Gorenje products to local customers, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices