Olympus rolls out 'revolutionary' camera
Dubai, October 21, 2009
Olympus has launched its 'revolutionary' Pen E-P1 camera in the UAE, underlining its continuous commitment to technological innovation and achievement.
The new Pen E-P1 combines an incredibly small size and retro style and even offers option of video recordings. It packs all the advantages of Olympus imaging technology including image stabilisation, dust reduction system and bright interchangeable lenses, said a company statement.
The model comes to the UAE having revolutionised the markets in Europe and won several awards including the prestigious EISA award for the best “European Camera 2009-2010,” and the Gold award from Hardware Magazine HWM Tech publication.
The Pen E-P1 camera was unveiled at the Gitex by Nacho Abia, executive managing director, Olympus Europa Imaging and Abdul Jabbar Al Sayegh, chairman of Al Sayegh Brothers, the sole distributors and local agent for Olympus in the UAE.
“The new Pen E-P1 has fully met the spirit of time and promises the best of two worlds: SLR performance and compact convenience. By achieving this marriage successfully, Olympus is once again a step ahead,” said Abia.
“We believe the Pen is a milestone in photography and will change our photographic habits. We are confident that we can develop this head start to increase market share, and gain the number one rank in this new market field,” he added.
Olympus, which also celebrates the 90th anniversary of its establishment this year, marked the event with a photography campaign based on the theme: “Dubai: Dawn to Dusk,” conceptualized as a tribute to the emirate and the fast paced growth witnessed by it in recent years.
Talented lens men from among Dubai’s photographer fraternity were invited to capture the various moods and tones of the city on film and selected images from this collection were displayed at an exhibition held alongside the press conference.
Congratulating Olympus on its 90th anniversary, Al Sayegh lauded the company for its significant contribution to the global digital imaging industry.
“Al Sayegh Brothers is proud of its long term association with Olympus, which has constantly demonstrated its dedication to technological innovation and has delivered on its promise to excellence. Olympus has become synonymous with quality and the new Pen E-P1, which is a classic example of this commitment, will surely have a huge appeal to all photography enthusiasts in the UAE,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal