LG launches new set of air purifiers
Riyadh, October 26, 2009
LG Electronics, a leading innovator of air conditioners, has launched a new range of air purifiers that combine effectiveness, convenience, portability and quiet operation.
Combining five different air cleaning technologies and a 16-stage multi-layer filtering system, the new air purifier eliminates fine dust, bacteria, asbestos, radon, ammonia, formaldehyde, animal hair, allergy causing germs, mold, smoke, strong odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) which can cause or contribute to the development of chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and other allergies, said a statement.
LG air purifier helps eliminating toxic gases emitted from cement, timber, insulating material, paint, home decoration as wall paper, rugs and curtains, the statement added.
“Our customers are becoming health conscious and we are developing products in line with their needs,” said Simon Lee, general manager of LG Electronics, Saudi Arabia.
“LG is focused on delivering innovations that are stylish and also good for health. We see air purifiers as another exciting addition to LG's family of home appliances.”
Shon Kim, senior manager, said: “Allergies are becoming an increasingly common health problem and the quality of indoor air can have a significant impact on conditions like asthma, and hay fever.”
“After using an air purifier, many people report sleeping better, having more energy, being more alert and creative, breathing better, and just feeling better overall. LG purifier will protect your family members and especially your baby from harmful toxic gases which causes headache, fatigue, irritated eyes and throat and can also prevent unwanted diseases,” he added.
An allergy filter stops allergy-causing substances from circulating in the air and minimizes the chances of allergic reactions by changing the nature of allergen proteins.
An HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filter and an active carbon filter with platinum remove household odors and VOCs. HEPA filters removes 99.97 per cent of air borne dust, pollen, mold, bacteria and air borne particles, according to the statement.
The air purifiers do not generate ozone, and are suitable to cover distances of up to 43 sq m. A single unit eliminates up to 85 per cent of airborne microorganisms in a typical room. The filters are washable and hence easy to maintain, the statement said.
“As LG’s exclusive distributor of ACs in the kingdom, we focus on improving peoples' lives with convenient products,” said Sheikh Hassan Shaker, CEO of Al-Hassan Ghazi Ibrahim Shaker, distributors of LG Electronics in Saudi Arabia.
“We are dedicated to help making our customers' lives easier, more convenient, and, ultimately, better. We believe this new offering will have a huge impact on consumers' daily lives as well as on the environment,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector