Exclusive perfume to mark UAE National Day
Dubai, November 28, 2009
The Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (formerly DSF Office) has rolled out an exclusive perfume to commemorate the 38th UAE National Day.
Named December 2nd, the fragrance will be gifted to residents and visitors in Dubai as part of the customary welcome during ‘Eid in Dubai’, organised by DEPE to celebrate Eid Al Adha and the National Day.
Festivities for ‘Eid in Dubai’ will last a whole week beginning November 27 and running till December 3. Created by Mohammed Hilal, the well-known Emarati perfumer, for the brand Anfasic Dokhoon, 100,000 bottles of the fragrance will be distributed during the week. Hilal, a pilot by profession, discovered his penchant for perfumes and is renowned in the UAE for creating sophisticated blends of oils.
“Eid Al Adha coincides with the 38th UAE National Day this year and since this is a rare occurrence, we decided to celebrate this occasion by creating something exclusive and innovative that would embody the spirit of both Eid and the National Day. As a gift, this fragrance reflects the values of Eid in sharing, and as a perfume, it denotes the Emarati tradition since dokhoon, bukhoor, and perfumes are an integral part of our rich cultural heritage,” said Laila Suhail, chief of DEPE.
December 2nd was created with a blend of scents with each or a group of scents reflecting characteristics of Dubai and UAE. While plum and peach are the top notes of the perfume, rose, ylang ylang, and jasmine form the middle notes, while vanilla, henna, musk, and amber form the base notes.
Visitors coming to Dubai will receive this exclusive gift at different shopping malls and locations across Dubai through Fuwallat and Dhiyafat Al Eid, the traditional way of welcoming visitors during Eid.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector