Packard Bell recalls notebook batteries
Dubai, December 10, 2009
Packard Bell, a leading PC maker, has voluntarily recalled the battery contained in certain Packard Bell EasyNote MX36, MX37, MX51 and MX52 notebook computers due to potentially defective battery cells.
The recall only affects units manufactured between July and December 2007. The affected units were mainly sold in Europe. No affected units were sold in the US, a statement said.
The battery cells contained in the affected units may experience internal short circuits which can potentially cause the cells to overheating and/or catch fire. There is no risk of electrocution to the user, according to the statement.
There have been no reports of injuries, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Stories
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Huawei unveils new smartphone range
- Dubai keeps rank as 2nd biggest retail market
- Samsung unveils 2013 Smart TVs Lineup
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Givori launches customised iPhone
- Sub-Zero & Wolf store opens in Dubai
- Xerox names new MEA manager
- D’damas opens new outlet in India
- LuLu ranks third in new Forbes list
- M&S opens second store in Bahrain