B&S launches luxury watch collection
Dubai, December 14, 2009
UK-based luxury watchmaker Backes & Strauss (B&S) has launched its new watch collections at Azal, Al Tayer Insignia's multi-brand store, in Dubai.
The launch also included limited edition pieces especially brought in for the event held at The Monarch hotel.
Backes & Strauss’ design team created three unique collections: The Berkeley, The Piccadilly and The Regent. Crafted in either 18 carat white or rose gold and set with diamonds.
The Piccadilly is shaped by John Nash’s great circular junction, the epicenter of London ever since it was built in 1819, while the Berkeley is inspired by London’s Mayfair. Originally laid out in the 18th century by Palladian master and landscape architect William Kent, Berkeley Square has a particular resonance for Backes & Strauss, a statement said.
The gold case is set with 100 baguette diamonds which give an unparalleled brilliance. The crown is set with an ideal cut diamond. The folding buckle follows the shape of the case.
The Regent draws on the architecture of John Nash who was commissioned by the Prince Regent in 1811 to develop a huge swathe of London, then known as Marylebone Park. The gold case is set with 64 baguette diamonds while the crown is set with an ideal cut diamond. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- BlackBerry 10 Jam in Jordan
- Majid Al Futtaim to buy Carrefour's 25pc stake
- Carrefour to divest 25pc stake in ME venture
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- RedTag relaunches store in Bahrain
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project