Sony unveils new DSLR cameras
Dubai, December 15, 2009
Sony Gulf, the regional arm of consumer electronics giant Sony, has expanded its α cameras - α500 and α550, featuring newly developed 12.3-megapixel and 14.2-megapixel sensors respectively.
Coupled with a new BIONZ image processor and high ISO sensitivity of up to 12,800, users can now have more control during hand-held, low-light shooting conditions, a statement said.
The α500 and α550 feature a 12.3-megapixel APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor and 14.2-megapixel APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor respectively, easing the capture of high resolution images.
Also available on the new α500 and α550 is the Auto HDR (high dynamic range) mode where two exposures are combined to create an optimized image. By ensuring that both highlights and shadow detail are fully captured and reproduced, pictures taken using Auto HDR will look as realistic and beautiful as the original subject, the statement added.
Sporting high-speed continuous shooting, capturing precious moments are made easier with burst shooting speeds that have been improved on the new α DSLR camera range.
When using the optical viewfinder, the α DSLRs can shoot speeds of up to five frames per second (fps). During live view shooting, the α500 and α550 are able to capture up to four fps.
In addition, the α550 has a Speed Priority mode that allows for up to seven fps (with focus and exposure locked at the first frame) and can be used in both optical viewfinder and Quick AF Live View modes.
Combining face detection and smile shutter capabilities, the α500 and α550 feature an advanced Quick AF Live View, enabling users to capture smiling faces on their DSLR cameras.
With Sony’s smile shutter mode activated, the cameras not only analyse and detect faces, they also determine if the subjects are smiling and automatically release the shutter once a desired smile level is achieved.
Incorporating face detection technology and fast phase-detection AF, the α500 and α550 automatically detect up to eight faces, instantly selecting and focusing on primary targets within the camera’s nine focus zones.
In addition, the face detection mode optimizes image settings such as white balance, exposure, and the D-Range optimizer ensuring a natural skin tone.
All α cameras feature SteadyShot INSIDE, an in-body optical Image Stabilisation system that automatically counters unwanted camera shakes.
Featuring a new manual focus check live view function for greater focus and frame control, the α500 and α550 allow photography enthusiasts watch the live view image directly on the LCD monitor with 100 per cent frame coverage on a variable-angle three-inch LCD monitor.
The Memory Stick Duo slot supports high capacity Memory Stick media, including the new Memory Stick PRO Duo 32GB.
The α500 will be available by mid December and the α550 will be available by January 2010 across select countries in the Middle East, said the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait