Panasonic launches new digital camera
Dubai, December 22, 2009
Panasonic, the top consumer electronics company, has unveiled its new 12.1-megapixel resolution Lumix digital camera from new ZR (ZX) series, featuring a powerful zoom as well as a 2.7-inch large LCD.
The Lumix DMC-ZR1 (DMC-ZX1) digital camera features the newly developed lens unit including world's first 0.3 mm super-thin aspherical lens and industry's first 0.3 mm spherical lens, said a statement.
The 25mm ultra wide-angle 8x optical zoom lens makes it easy to pull in subjects from far away a step closer compared to the conventional stylish point-and-shoot cameras. For an added boost, zoom power can be increased to 15.6x with the extra optical zoom function.
The 25 mm ultra wide-angle feature can be used for both broad landscapes and tight indoor shots, letting photographers capture a wider view.
Panasonic's Intelligent Auto mode -- a hallmark of Lumix cameras -- now includes Power OIS (optical image stabilizer) which features double the repression power compared to the conventional image stabilization system, MEGA OIS.
The hand-shake, which is physically generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed, is effectively compensated by the new Power OIS to enjoy blur-free photography, according to the statement.
In the popular face recognition mode, up to three people can be simultaneously recognised to show their names on the monitor once registered.
Another feature of the ZR1 (ZX1) is its high-speed AF, the industry's fastest level.
Combined with a high-speed start-up of only approx. 1.1 seconds, this gives the ZR1 (ZX1) a fast response that helps to catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities, said the statement.
The battery allows approximately 330 pictures at one charge, due to the energy efficient image processing LSI, the Venus Engine V.
The camera is available in silver, black, blue, white or red, all in high-quality aluminum texture which resists fingerprints and soiling. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices