Banks open shop in Limitless development
Dubai, February 8, 2010
Banks are now open for business at The Galleries at Downtown Jebel Ali, while the first cafes, restaurants and convenience stores are getting ready to move in to the mixed-use community development by Limitless.
Citibank is the second international bank to set up shop at The Galleries – a mix of A-grade offices, residential and retail space set in 20,000 sq m of landscaped grounds – with the opening of a service centre at the development.
Citibank joins Standard Chartered, whose branch and corporate offices have been operational since July 2009. Blom Bank France also has premises fitted out and set to open in April.
And as the banks settle down to business at The Galleries, the project’s first cafes, restaurants and shops are preparing to move in, with global chain Subway, Arabic eatery Mushmaool, car rental firm Diamond Lease and convenience store Fresh Plus at fit out or design stage.
“The Galleries aims to be a walkable, environmentally-friendly, balanced place to live and work, with convenience, sustainability and social interaction at its heart,” said Salah Ameen, deputy executive director for Limitless in the Middle East.
“Already home to a long list of global companies who have set up offices here, The Galleries is now welcoming a growing number of food outlets and retailers offering everyday conveniences for existing and future tenants and visitors,” he added.
Mohamed Kamal, managing director of Wilshire Foods, the franchisee for Subway in the UAE, said: “The Galleries at Downtown Jebel Ali aims to be a holistic, sustainable and interactive community, and we are excited to be a part of it. We have signed a 10-year lease, reflecting our belief in the long term potential of The Galleries.”
International firms with corporate offices at The Galleries include Ericsson, Kraft Foods, L’Oreal, Permasteelisa Gartner and, most recently, US-based SPX.
The Galleries comprises eight buildings, separated by a communal landscaped plaza housing a 300-seat amphitheatre and 105 sq m metre screen, which, when complete, will provide a focal point for cultural events and entertainment.
A-grade office and retail space can be leased at The Galleries now, while residential accommodation is due to come on line later this year, a statement said.
Located on Sheikh Zayed Road, close to the Jebel Ali Free Zone, The Galleries is within easy reach of the rest of Dubai as well as the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi. It will also be served by the Dubai Metro when the RTA opens its remaining Red Line stations, said the statement.
“Limitless research has shown that the ability to walk to work and being close to a Metro station are top priorities for people choosing a home in Dubai. They can do that – and much more – at The Galleries,” Ameen concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder