Olympus rolls out new 14 megapixel cameras
Dubai, February 15, 2010
Olympus has announced the UAE launch of 'Go 14,' its 2010 range of cameras that offers sharper picture clarity and greater power within a slim frame.
Olympus said it was the only manufacturer to offer nine new 14 megapixel models this year across its complete range. These include the FE 47, X 43, FE 4030, X 940 and X960.
In addition the new Mju Tough range includes among others the MJU 5010, MJU 7030 and MJU 9010.
These models come packed with added features like a High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) button, which enables the user to move seamlessly from still photography to HD video recording at the touch of a button, it said.
Titled “Go 14,” the new campaign offers clients an exciting range of 14 megapixel cameras at affordable prices, said Ahmed Ashraf, the business head of Al Sayegh Brothers Imaging, the authorised distributor for Olympus cameras in the UAE.
'These cameras include a variety of new features that enable ease of use, while at the same time ensuring excellent picture quality, he noted.
“With the global community of photography enthusiasts witnessing significant growth, most people are eager to experiment with new technological features that will enhance the quality of pictures. Recent research also suggests that customers are on the lookout for cameras that pack greater power and offer more memory for storage,” he added.
Ashraf said most of the new models offer between 7x and 10x optical zoom. 'A built in memory of up to 2GB on some of the new models ensures extensive storage space for large images – a facet not offered by most camera brands.'
Other interesting features include In built Magic filters for creative photography and In built Panorama manual and auto mode to stick landscape views, offering users the chance to click three photographs in one shot.
Precision engineering at Olympus has also guaranteed that despite the power packed hi tech features, the look and feel of the products remains sleek and fashionable.
“Olympus believes in offering its clients value added products and has therefore incorporated several user-friendly technical features into its 2010 models, to make superior photography accessible to a wider audience. We are confident this new range will encourage clients to “Go 14” and explore the 14 megapixel range,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store