Sharjah mall closed after fire
Shrarjah, April 22, 2010
The signboard at the entrance to a major shopping centre in Sharjah caught fire yesterday (April 21), leading to the closure of mall to the public for the rest of the day, said a report.
The fire at the 800,000 sq ft Mega Mall started at around 4:30 pm, a Sharjah Civil Defence official was quoted as saying in a local newspaper.
It took civil defence departments from Dubai and Ajman about an hour to extinguish the fire, from which no injuries or casualties were reported.
However, the financial losses could add up to figures in the range of millions of dirhams, sources said.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- HP launches new printing solutions for SMBs
- LG unveils new smart TV line-up in Bahrain
- Huawei unveils new smartphone range
- Dubai keeps rank as 2nd biggest retail market
- Samsung unveils 2013 Smart TVs Lineup