Montblanc eyes further expansion in UAE
Dubai, May 2, 2010
Luxury goods manufacturer Montblanc is currently implementing a planned expansion of retail operations in the UAE with the opening of boutiques in high-end malls.
The UAE retail expansion closely follows a similar strategy in Saudi Arabia where Montblanc, recognized worldwide for its classic timepieces, jewellery, leather goods and writing instruments announced the expansion of its retail distribution network with the opening of new boutiques located in Red Sea Mall, Jeddah and Kingdom Centre, Riyadh.
“Montblanc’s 2010 retail expansion in the UAE began with the launch of a 170 sq m boutique in Abu Dhabi, the opening of a 90 sq m boutique in Mirdiff City Centre in March and a refurbished and expanded boutique in Ibn Batuta Mall. These will be followed by further new and refurbished boutique locations in the coming months,” said Joe Nahhas, regional brand director of Montblanc.
“The success of Montblanc in the UAE is a direct result of the brand’s synergy and strong ties with the Rivoli Group, long time retailer of Montblanc in the UAE,” Nahhas said.
“Montblanc’s investment strategy in the Gulf countries is anchored in the fact that the Gulf and Middle East countries are poised for an economic recovery and with increasing confidence in the economy, investment in luxury products is expected to grow,” he said.
Mr. Nahhas noted that Montblanc will add a further 15,000 square feet of retail space both through its own boutiques and through franchise partners across the region which represents a 25% growth on current retail space for the luxury giant.
“The opening of new Monblanc boutiques ensures that we can provide a wide range of our products to our clients throughout the UAE at convenient locations across the country. Choosing the right location is a key success factor- the Mirdiff City Centre boutique is a prime example of this strategy. We want to empower Rivoli to meet the demands of our clients and thereby grow their business and revenue,” Nahhas stressed.
“Over the years Rivoli has strategically invested in establishing the Montblanc brand in the UAE. Having years of experience in the region’s retail industry, Rivoli has always concentrated on bringing the best retail environment to offer luxury products. Even in the present economic environment Rivoli continues to invest in the region with new stores and more luxury products for Montblanc. Our new stores in Mirdif City Centre and the new look, refurbished outlet at Ibn Battuta are recent additions to our commitment towards Montblanc,” said Shanu Nag, chief operating officer of Rivoli Group.
Montblanc’s recent strategic investments in the exciting Gulf countries include their own boutiques as well as outlets through franchise partners and shop-in-shop concepts covering the UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Qatar.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector