Nesto opens first Bahrain store tomorrow
Manama, May 4, 2010
The UAE's Nesto Group is to open its first supermarket in Bahrain tomorrow.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro will inaugurate the BD500,000 ($1.3 million) outlet on Shaikh Hamad Avenue in Salmaniya.
'We have four smaller markets in Bahrain already but this will be the first supermarket and department store,' said Nesto Group chief executive officer Nasser Abubaker.
'Hopefully, this is prelude to a lot of activities in Bahrain,' he said during a Press conference at the Delmon International Hotel.
'We are already working on a project to open several supermarkets in various localities and our first hypermarket in the country in Muharraq next year,' he added.
Abubaker said the aim of the group is to become one of the biggest retail chains in the GCC region. The Nesto Group is well-known in the Middle East for its Geepas brand of electronics and home appliances.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector