Nesto opens first Bahrain store tomorrow
Manama, May 4, 2010
The UAE's Nesto Group is to open its first supermarket in Bahrain tomorrow.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro will inaugurate the BD500,000 ($1.3 million) outlet on Shaikh Hamad Avenue in Salmaniya.
'We have four smaller markets in Bahrain already but this will be the first supermarket and department store,' said Nesto Group chief executive officer Nasser Abubaker.
'Hopefully, this is prelude to a lot of activities in Bahrain,' he said during a Press conference at the Delmon International Hotel.
'We are already working on a project to open several supermarkets in various localities and our first hypermarket in the country in Muharraq next year,' he added.
Abubaker said the aim of the group is to become one of the biggest retail chains in the GCC region. The Nesto Group is well-known in the Middle East for its Geepas brand of electronics and home appliances.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- BlackBerry 10 Jam in Jordan
- Majid Al Futtaim to buy Carrefour's 25pc stake
- Carrefour to divest 25pc stake in ME venture
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- RedTag relaunches store in Bahrain
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project