UAE hotel unveils gold vending machine
Dubai, May 13, 2010
The super luxury Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi has unveiled the region's first gold vending machine.
Apparently launched to cater to Asians' obsession with the yellow metal, the 'Gold To Go' machine gives out one, five and 10 gram gold bars as well as gold coins, according to a report in The Economic Times.
The gold vending machine which was formally opened today is the creation of a German company and gives an instant display of gold rates.
The hotel is calling it its 'Golden service'. Six gold coins of varied weights and engraved with symbols of gold-producing nations Canada, Australia and South Africa, are also dispensed by the machine.
The machine is protected by a range of security measures, including anti-money laundering software. It also tracks the gold price on fluctuating markets with an inbuilt website that transmits the information every 10 seconds, and updates the price accordingly every 10 minutes.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector