Jordan woman wins bridal contest
Dubai, May 19, 2010
Lina Abbas, from Jordan, was named the For Ever Bride 2010 in a campaign launched by global cosmetics company Make Up For Ever.
Six brides were flown to Dubai for a week and were pampered like true fairytale princesses. They went through complete makeovers and experienced the true meaning of luxury, a statement said.
“We decided this year to choose the face of Make Up For Ever Bride 2010 from real brides as opposed to bringing a model,” said Tamara Al Zaq, regional director from Make Up For Ever.
“We believe that all brides are beautiful and must get the chance to experience a fairytale experience before their wedding. The campaign witnessed great success, we had received votes from over 15,000 people in only one month,” she added.
The viral campaign witnessed over 200 brides with 14 ladies making it to the final voting process, the statement added.
Winning bride Abbas received her wedding dress worth $27,000 from French designer Eric Tibusch who flew to Dubai to meet the brides and offer them personalised consultation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model
- Majid Al Futtaim unveils new logo
- Rasasi showcases at Abu Dhabi expo
- Bawadi Mall draws record visitors in 2013
- Dubai retailer MAF plans $5bn investment by 2018
- Intersport opens store in Dammam
- Chinese fair opens in Sharjah