Jordan woman wins bridal contest
Dubai, May 19, 2010
Lina Abbas, from Jordan, was named the For Ever Bride 2010 in a campaign launched by global cosmetics company Make Up For Ever.
Six brides were flown to Dubai for a week and were pampered like true fairytale princesses. They went through complete makeovers and experienced the true meaning of luxury, a statement said.
“We decided this year to choose the face of Make Up For Ever Bride 2010 from real brides as opposed to bringing a model,” said Tamara Al Zaq, regional director from Make Up For Ever.
“We believe that all brides are beautiful and must get the chance to experience a fairytale experience before their wedding. The campaign witnessed great success, we had received votes from over 15,000 people in only one month,” she added.
The viral campaign witnessed over 200 brides with 14 ladies making it to the final voting process, the statement added.
Winning bride Abbas received her wedding dress worth $27,000 from French designer Eric Tibusch who flew to Dubai to meet the brides and offer them personalised consultation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ