Sony launches enhanced Walkman mp3 players
Dubai, May 20, 2010
Sony Gulf, the regional arm of consumer electronics giant Sony, has expanded its Walkman series with the launch of three new mp3 players featuring enhanced technologies for superior audio-visual experience.
Sony has expanded its Walkman in the W and B series with NWZ-W252, NWZ-B152 and NWZ-B153 mp3 players.
Weighing 43 grams with a 2GB capacity, the compact, foldable, wearing style NWZ-W252 is trendy and portable for active use. The wire-free, ergonomically designed gadget is now water resistant and washable, said a statement.
The latest in the Walkman B-series – NWZ-B152 and NWZ-B153 – are available in 2GB and 4GB capacities respectively. Sporting a new metallic look, the two players offer a more intuitive user experience with booming bass.
The B-series features a one touch bass enhancer with a red power illuminator to boost bass performance on music tracks. Adding to the harmony, the illuminator’s LED lights dance and pulse with the music. It also incorporates an array of audio features, from mp3 music playback to voice and FM recording, the statement added.
Both the W-series and B-series mp3 players are equipped with the Zappin navigation system and Jog Dial. When the Zappin feature is activated, the main chorus of each song is played, allowing users to scan through their music library with ease and find the song they wish to hear.
Using the Jog Dial key, users can scroll and select their ideal track without the need for buttons enabling easier toggle and music navigation.
Additionally, in both series, the content transfer software can easily shift music files from Windows Explorer or iTunes to the Walkman with its drag-and-drop interface.
The Walkman W-series allows users to enjoy up to 11 hours of playback time with 90 minutes of full charge, while the Walkman B-series allows users to enjoy up to 18 hours of playback time with 70 minutes of full charge.
Both models feature a three-minute quick charge function that allows the device to playback up to 90 minutes of music, according to the statement.
Available in a wide array of colour options, the W-series MP3 player comes in black, pink and white, while the B-series is available in black, pink, red and gold versions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet