Jacky’s deploys SonicWall’s security solution
Dubai, May 24, 2010
Jacky’s Electronics, a top one multi-brand consumer electronics retailer in the UAE, recently deployed a threat solution from SonicWall, a leading secure network company, in order to optimise the bandwidth of its network.
Jacky’s installed SonicWall’s united threat management (UTM) security solution in its 12 retail outlets and remote warehouse locations, as part of its expansion strategy across the UAE.
A prototype network environment mirroring Jacky’s live environment was set up in the company’s Sharjah City Center outlet.
After a few tests, it became apparent that there was a high degree of bandwidth optimization and real return on investment (ROI) within Jacky’s reach, a statement said.
Disruptions were minimal, as SonicWall initially deployed the solution in newer branches where volumes were smaller before shifting to larger, more data-intensive locations.
The solution was made up of a NSA 4500 appliance installed at Jacky’s head office and a TZ180 appliance deployed at every remote location covering all its branches and warehouse locations.
“In the first year of operation, SonicWall’s solution gained us an ROI of 15 per cent, if the initial outlay is considered. Looking at the long term, the solution will offer an ROI of approximately 60 percent on savings experienced from the cost of data lines alone,” said Ashish Panjabi, chief operating officer of Jacky’s Electronics.
Post implementation, Jacky’s was able to instill policies through SonicWall’s application firewall and take appropriate action to stop deviant activity, control access to unwanted sites and block unproductive protocols, the statement added.
The solution drastically enhanced Jacky’s network performance by easing congestion, controlling virus infection and filtering out unwanted services. Viruses and intrusion were contained using security tools like IPS and gateway antivirus. The gateway suite helped control the network on a per-user and per-protocol basis.
“We look forward to developing a stronger relationship with Jacky’s, which is one of the leading visionary retail companies in the region,” said Shahnawaz Sheikh, SonicWall Middle East and Africa (MEA) regional sales manager.
Business managers and decision makers who are constantly on the move, will now be able to access and act on business and time critical information, securely from anywhere. The solution will help them manage content much more efficiently while also growing their business. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ