Sanyo launches 'slimmest' sound recorder
Dubai, June 10, 2010
Japan-based Sanyo, a leading company in providing lifestyle applications, has launched a new sound recorder, said to be the world’s slimmest and lightest audio recording device.
The new the Xacti ICR-XPS01MF audio device features a linear PCM recording mode that allows users to produce excellent sound recordings comparable to high-quality audio CDs, a statement said.
Bundled with a cradle active speaker and a 2GB micro SD card, the Xacti ICR XPS01MF is powered by a slim large-capacity lithium-ion battery and also features a touch sensor display.
At 46 grams and 9.4 mm thickness, the ICR XPS01MF weighs about five per cent less and is 28 per cent less thick than other previous Sanyo recording models.
The unit also features three microphone settings: meetings/lecture, dictation, and music mode, while recorded audio can be stored directly to the attached microSD card. A special noise reduction filter allows users to block out unwanted ambient noise like the wind or sound of an air-conditioner.
Aside from recording in linear PCM mode, the ICR XPS01MF can also record in MP3 format. An additional manual recording mode and an auto recording mode has also been added to give users more flexibility in trying to capture real-life audio.
“Consumers in the Middle East have been seeking audio recording devices that can deliver high-quality sound recordings and is lightweight and convenient to carry as well,” said Takeshi Hirao, vice president of Sanyo Electric, Japan and chairman, Sanyo Gulf.
“Sanyo is catering to this demand with the release of the Xacti ICR XPS01MF, the world’s slimmest and lightest sound recorder. Music professionals and enthusiasts or those who need a high-quality recorder for events like lectures and conferences will be impressed with the features packed into this compact and stylish unit,” he added.
Recordings from the Xacti ICR XPS01MF's internal memory or microSD card can be transferred to a PC without affecting sound quality, the statement said.
The unit also includes other features like a song information display for quick and easy searching of files, clear voice function and an automatic recording separation function. The ICR XPS01MF has a built-in FM tuner and is compatible with MP3 and WMA files, which allows users to enjoy the unit as a personal audio device, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store