Superdry to open 13 stores in the UAE
Dubai, June 14, 2010
Leading international youth fashion brand Superdry will roll out 13 stores across the UAE over the next three years, as part of massive expansion plans across different markets in the world.
The UAE plans were revealed at the franchise signing agreement between SuperGroup, owner of the Superdry brand, one of the fastest growing international retailers and wholesalers of youth fashion, and Al Khayyat Investments, a leading Dubai holding company that represents more than 150 top international brands across the Middle East.
The first store is due to open in Deira City Centre in July. Two more stores are scheduled to open before the end of the year in Mirdif City Centre and Mall of the Emirates.
Superdry, established six years ago, is a global brand patronised by many leading celebrities, including David Beckham, Leonardo DiCaprio, Zac Efron, Kate Winslet and Shakira, to name a few. SuperGroup has 45 stores and 56 House of Fraser concessions in the UK.
“We believe this deal will significantly increase our footfall in one of the world’s most dynamic and vibrant regions,” said Theo Karpathios, CEO of SuperGroup’s Wholesale & International Division.
“We have joint growth plans with SuperGroup to expand it into other parts of the GCC and Levant regions as of the first quarter of 2011. We look at this move as a springboard to further investments into the Middle East retail markets,” added Zaid Al Khayyat, director, Al Khayyat Investments.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- DDF sets new anniversary sales record
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles