Superdry to open 13 stores in the UAE
Dubai, June 14, 2010
Leading international youth fashion brand Superdry will roll out 13 stores across the UAE over the next three years, as part of massive expansion plans across different markets in the world.
The UAE plans were revealed at the franchise signing agreement between SuperGroup, owner of the Superdry brand, one of the fastest growing international retailers and wholesalers of youth fashion, and Al Khayyat Investments, a leading Dubai holding company that represents more than 150 top international brands across the Middle East.
The first store is due to open in Deira City Centre in July. Two more stores are scheduled to open before the end of the year in Mirdif City Centre and Mall of the Emirates.
Superdry, established six years ago, is a global brand patronised by many leading celebrities, including David Beckham, Leonardo DiCaprio, Zac Efron, Kate Winslet and Shakira, to name a few. SuperGroup has 45 stores and 56 House of Fraser concessions in the UK.
“We believe this deal will significantly increase our footfall in one of the world’s most dynamic and vibrant regions,” said Theo Karpathios, CEO of SuperGroup’s Wholesale & International Division.
“We have joint growth plans with SuperGroup to expand it into other parts of the GCC and Levant regions as of the first quarter of 2011. We look at this move as a springboard to further investments into the Middle East retail markets,” added Zaid Al Khayyat, director, Al Khayyat Investments.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait