DMCC unveils new Dubai gold coin series
Dubai, June 15, 2010
Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) and the World Gold Council (WGC) have launched The Palm edition of the prestigious 'Visions of Dubai' (VoD) gold coin series.
The coin features the image of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, on the front and The Palm Jumeirah, one of Dubai’s iconic landmarks, on the reverse.
Crafted under strict supervision, DMCC assures the quality of these unique collectibles, which have been especially designed to represent Dubai, reflecting the emirate’s position as an important hub for gold in the Middle East region.
“The Visions of Dubai – Palm edition gold coins have been created to commemorate the innovative spirit of the emirate of Dubai, and the world-class landmarks that have been established. The series is a true celebration of Dubai’s status as the City of Gold,” stated Ahmed Bin Sulayem, executive chairman, DMCC.
Made of 24-karat (999.9) gold and supported by the World Gold Council, the VoD coins are produced by Emirates Gold Refinery DMCC, which is accredited by Dubai Good Delivery; a standard developed by DMCC that has improved tradability and distribution of small gold bars and has enhanced the reputation of approved refineries.
“The WGC has been working hard through numerous initiatives to develop gold demand in the region and Dubai in particular,” added Ajay Mitra, managing director of the World Gold Council in India, the Middle East and Turkey.
The 24-karat VoD gold coins come in four sizes: 1oz (34 g), ½ oz (17 g), ¼ oz (8.5 g) and 1/10 oz (3.4 g).
The coins are sold through Dubai Duty Free and leading gold retailers including Siroya Jewellers, Joy Alukkas Group, Mahallati Jewellery and Popley Jewellers.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain