Dubai’s China fair draws 31pc more buyers
Dubai, June 24, 2010
More than 14,000 buyers attended the recently concluded fourth annual China Sourcing Fair in Dubai, marking a 31 per cent increase in numbers as compared to visitor attendance at the 2009 event.
The fair, organised by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company, is the largest exhibition of Greater China suppliers in the Middle East.
"This huge growth in attendance - especially in challenging economic times - indicates to us that buyers throughout the Mena region are increasingly eager to source from Greater China manufacturers in search of quality and value," said Tommy Wong, president of Global Sources Exhibitions.
The China Sourcing Fair in Dubai featured manufacturers of consumer electronics, fashion accessories, gifts and premiums, home products, baby and children's products, and hardware and building materials.
The event, which was co-located with the second annual India Sourcing Fair, featured over 1,300 booths, an increase of 18 per cent over last year.
The India Sourcing Fair, supported by the Federation of Indian Export Organisations, featured an expanded array of some of India's most competitive exporters of home products and handicrafts, gifts and premiums, fashion accessories, and garments and textiles. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector