LG unveils ultra-thin mobile PC
Manama, June 24, 2010
LG Electronics (LG), a global leader and technology innovator in mobile communications, has unveiled the LG X300, the ultra-thin premium mobile PC.
The LG X300, LG’s new flagship mobile computing device for 2010, weighs 970 grams and is 17.5 mm thick.
“Given how demanding and discerning consumers are nowadays, we were delighted to receive such acclaim from the public and the media at the CES for our new mobile PC,” said HS Paik, president of LG Electronics Gulf.
“It’s a vindication of LG’s efforts to maintain the very highest standards in design without any sacrifices in high-tech or functionality, and ensure our consumers’ experiences with LG PCs just keep getting better.”
The 11.6-inch LCD screen of the X300 maximizes the viewing area by eschewing a bezel and its reflective keyboard and borderless touchpad add further elegance to this premium mobile PC, a statement said.
LG X300 comes in two colors, shiny white and light brown.
Fitted with a 2.0 GHz Intel Menlow platform with up to 2GB memory and 128GB SSD, the LG X300 runs Windows 7 Home Premium OS and ships with a spare 2-cell battery to provide up to seven hours of use.
Thanks to its fan-less, silent operation, the portable PC is also extremely quiet to run, while the LG Smart Pack – LG’s smartest software suite for PC users – ensures the LG X300 is easy to use, the statement said.
LG’s Smart Pack, the software suite for notebook and mobile PC users, will be enhanced with the LG X300.
The newly-added Smart POP automatically synchronizes PIMs (personal information management) data from a mobile device to the PC over Bluetooth, and an alert feature enables users to directly read or reply to an SMS via the LG X300 without touching the mobile phone.
The LG X300 packs multimedia features including a 1.3-megapixel webcam with the You-Cam viewer, and SRS TruSurround HD sound. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain