Canon compact cameras at Bahrain Duty Free
Manama, June 29, 2010
Canon Middle East and Bahrain Duty Free have teamed up to launch the second line up of innovative digital still compact cameras at Bahrain International Airport.
Ten members of the Bahrain Duty Free sales team were chosen for intensive off site training to experience firsthand Canon’s flagship imaging technologies in its new line up of DSC products, said a company official.
'As a company we invest an enormous amount of time and money in developing our customers’ businesses. We manufacture and sell innovative technology and it is essential we help our partners utilise this to the maximum effect,' said Venkatasubramanian Hariharan, B2C Sales Manager (GCC), Canon Middle East.
'The new Canon DSC range introduces another level of imaging quality to the consumer imaging segment, making it the best way to capture memories,' he added.
Speaking on the trend in digital imaging megapixel race, Hariharan commented, 'Popular misconceptions about digital cameras among consumers can often get in the way of making the right choice when it comes to choosing a camera.'
'As a leader in imaging expertise, Canon is working with its partners on a local level to educate consumers on their understanding of features which deliver enhanced images,' he noted.
'The digital camera market is about more than just megapixels. The newly launched Ixus 300 is a perfect example of a product that provides supreme picture quality due to its broad range of advanced technologies.'
'The training offered to sales staff of Bahrain Duty Free will be instrumental in communicating this message across Bahrain’s evolving consumer tech landscape,' he added.
Visitors to Bahrain Duty Free will benefit from hands on experience on Canon’s new range of DSC cameras from Canon’s in store experts.
The highly trained staff will help familiarise visitors with new innovative technologies within the DSC segment such as Smart Auto, HD Video, etc and help travellers get the most out of their trip by helping them capture memories with the use of Canon’s innovative imaging technology, Hariharan explained.
'The Canon DSC training has provided sales staff with valuable insights and has dispelled the popular misconceptions of the digital megapixel race, which will be vital in educating consumers on a local level,' said Chelie Godiz, Photo Video product manager, Electronic Equipment, Canon Middle East’s business partner in Bahrain.
'Our alliance with a world class brand like Canon reaffirms our commitment to providing local consumers with access to leading technology and value added experiences,' he added.
To assist and guide shoppers, expert sales staff trained by Canon and Electronic Equipment are available 24 hours, 7 Days a week at Bahrain Duty Free.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ