Sharjah summer fest major success
Sharjah, July 5, 2010
The ongoing Sharjah Summer Promotions, that seeks to bolster Sharjah’s bid to become one of the region’s top shopping and family entertainment destinations, is proving to be a major success, a statement said.
The event, which runs till July 20, is being participated in by some of the emirate’s top establishments from the retail, hotel and hospitality sectors.
Sharjah Summer Promotions also features awareness-raising presentations and entertainment programs being held in key tourist destinations such as Al Qasba and local malls.
As part of Sharjah Summer Promotions 2010, leading shopping malls such as Mega Mall, Sahara Centre, Ansar Mall, Safeer Mall and Sharjah City Centre, have also launched a promotional campaign that gives shoppers the opportunity to win a new Nissan Maxima 2010 and other valuable prizes.
Shoppers with purchases of over Dh150 will be entitled to a raffle ticket wherein the final draw and announcement of winners will be made on the last day of the promotional campaign.
Shoppers will also have the chance to win Dh5,000 on special shopping days dedicated to different product categories - restaurants, café’s, clothes and accessories, perfumes and cosmetics, jewellery, watches and glasses, electronics and mobile phone accessories.
“This year’s Sharjah Summer Promotions has witnessed a dramatic increase in participation from companies and trade establishments,” said Mohammed Ahmed Amin, assistant director-general of SCCI's Department of Economic and International Affairs.
“Aside from focusing on sales and marketing activities, the festival also showcases Sharjah’s traditions, culture and rich heritage via interactive and entertaining activities for families and individuals.”
Special events like promotions and festivals are organized by the SCCI in an effort to help advance Sharjah’s economic activity and strengthen the communication ties between the different members of the emirate’s business community, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet