Virgin Mobile unveils new BlackBerry phones
Doha, July 7, 2010
Virgin Mobile service, a brand partnership between Virgin Group and Qatar’s Qtel Group, has launched stylish BlackBerry handsets with a prepaid BlackBerry service in Doha.
The collection includes the BlackBerry Curve 8520 series in white, lavender, ruby red and traditional black. The BlackBerry Bold 9700 series is available in black and white.
The prepaid service offers a one-off subscription at QR35 ($9.61), with weekly charges fixed at QR35.
“Our new BlackBerry service is just another way to stay connected to the people who matter – whether it’s business or social contacts,” said Fatima Al-Kuwari, product manager of Qtel’s Virgin Mobile service.
“Most importantly, the BlackBerry service is easy to use and provides the effortless communication that Qtel’s Virgin Mobile is all about,” she added.
Subscribers can add up to ten email addresses for supported email accounts to their prepaid account, a statement said.
The service also offers all of the popular BlackBerry features, such as BlackBerry Messenger, games, entertainment and social networking applications; travel and sport, among others.
The high level performance, functionality and features of BlackBerry work best with the advanced 3G HSDPA network available on Qtel’s Virgin Mobile Service, the statement added.
The new range of BlackBerry smartphones is available at Villagio Mall, a major shopping centre in Doha, and its kiosks, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait