TNT Post acquires e-retail specialist
Riyadh, July 11, 2010
TNT Post, the leading provider of mail and express delivery services, has acquired Kowin, a well-known online shopping specialist group.
The move adds expertise to TNT Post’s e-commerce chain in the field of online shopping and complements its efforts to reinforce its capabilities as a one-stop service provider in the Middle East region’s rapidly expanding online market.
The chief aim of the acquisition is to enable TNT Post to provide companies with technical knowledge and information in the field of online marketing and specialised segments in e-retail, such as offering companies information on how to attract more online customers to a web-based shopping portal.
“As part of the acquisition, new services like front management, web shop facilitation, online payment systems, e-fulfillment, physical delivery and customer service after delivery, will be available to our key markets across Saudi Arabia,” said Nael Attiyat, sales and marketing director, TNT SAB Saudi Arabia.
Kowin is a Dutch e-commerce solution provider with extensive know-how in the field of online shopping and is a one-stop service provider for the full chain. The company is known to provide leading Dutch brands with full e-commerce solution packages.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Carrefour to divest 25pc stake in ME venture
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- RedTag relaunches store in Bahrain
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- HP launches new printing solutions for SMBs
- LG unveils new smart TV line-up in Bahrain