Canon launches new compact digital camera
Dubai, July 12, 2010
Canon Middle East, a subsidiary of Canon Europe, has launched a new premium compact digital camera capable of capturing outstanding stills and high definition (HD) video.
Available in blasted steel silver, matt black or glossy white finishes, the new Ixus 300 HS offers a supercharged combination of speed, usability and creative control, a statement said.
The Ixus 300 HS is the first model to feature Canon’s new HS System, combining a high-sensitivity 10.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor with fast Digic 4 processing for enhanced low light performance and high-speed shooting.
An f/2.0 wide-angle lens provides the ability to use faster shutter speeds and make subjects stand out by creatively blurring the background, while a range of manual settings offer a new level of artistic flexibility, the statement said.
The camera shoots in low-light or at high-speed at the touch of a button, while Smart Auto with scene detection technology helps the user capture spot-on shots in all conditions by automatically selecting the optimum settings from 22 variables.
The Ixus 300 HS also offers HD movie recording with high quality stereo sound. The optical image stabilizer reduces the effects of camera shake to deliver super sharp footage on the move.
The super slow motion movie mode, enables one to capture fast-moving subjects at 240 frames per second and play them back at 30 frames per second – providing a dramatic record of fast-paced action, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder