UK's ‘Superdry’ set for Bahrain launch
Dubai, July 15, 2010
Leading UK fashion brand Superdry will roll out a series of stores across Bahrain over the next three years, as part of its massive global expansion plans.
The Bahrain plans were revealed at the franchise signing agreement between SuperGroup, owner of the Superdry brand, one of the fastest growing international retailers and wholesalers of youth fashion, and Al Khayyat Investments, a leading Dubai holding company that represents over 150 top global brands across the Middle East.
The Bahrain plans are an indication that the youth fashion retail industry offers huge potential. The rollout of stores will take place over the next three years, said the two companies at the signing ceremony.
Al Khayyat Investments has multiple interests across retail, distribution and services sectors. The holding company manages leading retail brands like Fila, La Martina, BinSina Group of pharmacies, Degrenne Paris and Life Fitness, in addition to its Food and beverage portfolio including IL Caffe Di Roma and Burger Fuel.
Superdry, established six years ago, is a global brand patronised by many leading celebrities, including David Beckham, Leonardo DiCaprio, Zac Efron, Kate Winslet and Shakira, to name a few. SuperGroup has 45 stores and 56 House of Fraser concessions in the UK.
Theo Karpathios, CEO of SuperGroup’s Wholesale & International Division, said: "This is a key milestone in our international roll out and we are delighted to have signed this agreement with Al Khayyat Investments."
"We believe this deal will significantly increase our footfall in one of the world’s most dynamic and vibrant regions. It underlines the truly international appeal of the Superdry brand, and we look forward to working with Al Khayyat Investments going forward," he noted.
Zaid Al Khayyat, director, Al Khayyat Investments, said: “Our retail clothing brands achieved a growth of 18 per cent year to date, in fact the clothing retail market has proved to be a recession-proof business especially in the GCC region that enjoys a world class shopping infrastructure and where consumers always demand high quality fashion clothes."
"We are delighted to launch the iconic Superdry brand in the Middle East. Superdry occupies a unique position in the fashion world and we are thrilled to bring this brand to the GCC and beyond," Al Khayyat remarked.
"We have joint growth plans with SuperGroup to expand it into other parts of the GCC and Levant regions as of the first quarter of 2011. We look at this move as a springboard to further investments into the Middle East retail markets," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet