LG unveils new 385-litre bottom freezer
Amman, July 21, 2010
LG Electronics has launched a new 385-litre bottom freezer which includes its linear compressor technology.
LG's Linear Compressor technology enables its refrigerators to be industry leaders in capacity, energy savings and freshness. In a testament to the quality of its technology, Linear Compressors, which power most of LG’s premium models, are covered by a 10-year warranty.
“The kitchen has become more than just a place to eat. It has become the center of daily life where families and friends meet and socialize,” said Kevin Cha, managing director of LG Electronics Levant.
“Our new bottom freezer refrigerators were designed to meet today’s customers’ requirements to live healthier, greener lifestyles without having to sacrifice space or style in the kitchen.”
The new LG bottom freezer frees up approximately 50 litres of extra storage space compared with standard 2-metre tall bottom freezers. Providing a larger, more organised space for consumers to store their food, the new refrigerator allows more room for groceries and fewer trips to the supermarket.
New refrigerators with Linear Compressor technology have received the highest possible A++ rating in Europe. The new LG refrigerators are up to 45 per cent more energy efficient and release 63kg/year less CO2 than A-rated refrigerators. Furthermore, Linear Compressor refrigerators are more effective at maintaining constant temperatures than conventional fridges with the same storage capacity, a statement said.
In addition, the company’s Opti Temp Zone system optimises the inner temperature depending on the kind of food being stored, with fish and meat kept at -1ºC (30ºF) and vegetables and fruit at 2ºC (36ºF).
Some models also incorporate LG’s innovative Vita Light Zone, which includes an LED that replicates sunlight to preserve fruit and vegetables longer, making food fresher, tastier and healthier. A special lattice-type box cover, the Moist Balance Crisper, maintains optimum levels of moisture as well.
Another smart feature comes in the form of a bottled water dispenser that doesn’t need to be cleaned or purified. In addition, LG’s LCD/LED external touch screen control panel makes it easy to manage the freezer and read the settings at a glance.
The new bottom freezer’s enticing design and its two-tone finish brings a contemporary, classy feel to the kitchen, said Kevin Cha.
Available in two-tone (black and brushed steel), brushed steel, white, and titanium, the new bottom freezer will be available in Europe starting this month with other markets to follow. Prices will vary country to country.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector