Thuraya offers phones at Bahrain Duty Free
Abu Dhabi, July 22, 2010
Thuraya, a leading UAE-based provider of satellite-based telecom services, is now offering its mobile satellite phones at Bahrain Duty Free, one of the busiest transit points in the Middle East.
Thuraya is aiming to serve travelers who are heading towards Gulf states via Bahrain for business, tourism or leisure as it is a vital hub for several Gulf residents, a statement said.
“Market research has indicated that demand for Thuraya phones via Bahrain airport is enormous,” said Sultan Al Ghafli, Thuraya’s chief strategy officer. “With massive passenger traffic growing at Bahrain airport, we want to ensure our customers can easily purchase our phones from the airport retail outlets.”
He also added that by expanding Thuraya’s current distribution network through airport outlets, the company will be able to grow its handhelds customer base which is already the largest in the mobile satellite services market.
On top of Thuraya’s handhelds portfolio is XT which is the world’s toughest and lightest satellite handheld phone, the statement said.
The robust and durable XT offers the fastest data service and has GPS waypoint navigation, the statement added.
In addition, Thuraya’s SO-2510 (satellite only) and SG-2520 (a dual satellite/GSM phone) also will be available at Bahrain Duty Free. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- DDF sets new anniversary sales record
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles