Thuraya offers phones at Bahrain Duty Free
Abu Dhabi, July 22, 2010
Thuraya, a leading UAE-based provider of satellite-based telecom services, is now offering its mobile satellite phones at Bahrain Duty Free, one of the busiest transit points in the Middle East.
Thuraya is aiming to serve travelers who are heading towards Gulf states via Bahrain for business, tourism or leisure as it is a vital hub for several Gulf residents, a statement said.
“Market research has indicated that demand for Thuraya phones via Bahrain airport is enormous,” said Sultan Al Ghafli, Thuraya’s chief strategy officer. “With massive passenger traffic growing at Bahrain airport, we want to ensure our customers can easily purchase our phones from the airport retail outlets.”
He also added that by expanding Thuraya’s current distribution network through airport outlets, the company will be able to grow its handhelds customer base which is already the largest in the mobile satellite services market.
On top of Thuraya’s handhelds portfolio is XT which is the world’s toughest and lightest satellite handheld phone, the statement said.
The robust and durable XT offers the fastest data service and has GPS waypoint navigation, the statement added.
In addition, Thuraya’s SO-2510 (satellite only) and SG-2520 (a dual satellite/GSM phone) also will be available at Bahrain Duty Free. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices