Abu Dhabi Duty Free revenue up 19pc
Abu Dhabi, August 8, 2010
Duty Free retail turnover at Abu Dhabi International Airport grew 19 per cent during the first half of 2010 to $75 million, outperforming the airport’s passenger growth of 11.7 per cent over the same period.
Furthermore, spend per passenger increased by 7.2 per cent amounting to $14.47, said a top official.
Huraiz Almur bin Huraiz, Abu Dhabi Airports Company’s chief commercial officer, said: 'Retail spending at our airport is significantly stronger than passenger growth, a clear sign that we are succeeding in encouraging travelers to spend more.'
'We believe two key trends are at play: firstly consumer confidence is returning, following the impact of the global economic recession, and secondly ADAC’s investment program in Terminal 1 and the upgraded retail offerings in Terminal 3 are delivering results.'
'Our Shop-Dine-Unwind retail proposition is really reaching out to our customers,' he added.
According to him, all categories have performed strongly, with luxury, perfume and cosmetics, liquor, gold and electronics seeing particularly strong returns.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector