Logitech unveils rechargeable iPod speaker
Dubai, August 9, 2010
Logitech, a world leader in digital products, has unveiled its rechargeable speaker S715i, a portable iPod and iPhone speaker dock.
“With this system, we set out to deliver our next generation in sound quality for an iPod speaker dock,” said Mark Schneider, vice president and general manager of Logitech’s audio business unit.
“The new Rechargeable Speaker S715i offers eight drivers – double our previous iPod docks – and includes a NiMH rechargeable battery so you can take your tunes with you. So go ahead, lose yourself in your music – and never worry about disposable batteries again,” he added.
The S715i uses two three-inch laser-tuned neodymium drivers for a rich mid range, two half-inch neodymium tweeters for crisp high notes, and four two-inch passive radiators for deep bass, a statement said.
The included rechargeable battery lets one listen to music without plugging in for up to eight hours, it added.
The S715i comes with a wireless remote control with functions like power, volume, play, pause, shuffle, skip and repeat from up to 30 feet (10 metres) away.
The speaker is certified through the Made for iPod and works with iPhone programs. In addition, the speaker’s dock design works with any iPhone or iPod with a universal dock connector, eliminating the need for trays, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones