Logitech unveils new surround sound speakers
Dubai, August 31, 2010
Logitech, the Swiss peripheral device maker, has unveiled the next-generation Logitech surround sound speakers.
The new Z506 speaker set enables connection with nearly any entertainment device, including PC, Playstation3, Xbox 360, Wii, iPod or a DVD player, a company statement said.
“We designed the Logitech surround sound speakers Z506 so you can set them up the way you want to in any room of your home,” said Mark Schneider, vice president and general manager of Logitech’s audio business unit.
“The Logitech Z506 speakers can support nearly any home-entertainment configuration, letting you quickly connect to a game console using an RCA connection, a PC through its sound card, or a digital music player using the 3.5 mm input. Now, getting engrossed in whatever entertainment you love is a snap.”
To make the Z506 easy to setup, all of the cables are colour coded and the system includes an accessory cable for sound cards and music players, he added.
Gamers can connect the Z506 speakers directly to the game console’s existing RCA cable. Plus, the Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 support two devices connected simultaneously — for example, a game console and a digital music player.
Featuring 3D stereo surround sound with 75 watts (RMS) of power, the Z506 speakers can convert two-channel stereo into an immersive surround sound experience.
The Logitech Z506 is expected to be available in the UAE in September for a suggested retail price of Dh449 ($122), the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices