Canon launches new digital SLR
Dubai, September 15, 2010
Canon Middle East has expanded its EOS digital SLR (DSLR) range with the launch of the new 18 megapixel EOS 60D.
The new model offers first-class specifications, 5.3frames per second (fps) shooting, in-camera image editing and a brand-new Vari-angle LCD that enables the shooting of stills and HD movies from almost any angle, Canon said in a statement.
The EOS 60D also offers a mix of manual control and new creative shooting modes, it added.
While the high-resolution 18MP sensor delivers large, detailed shots, Canon’s powerful Digic 4 processor provides accurate colours, smooth tones and low noise for striking images that instantly stand out.
The EOS 60D is also fully compatible with Canon’s range of EOS accessories, including EF lenses and external speedlites, offering a wealth of shooting and lighting opportunities for you to explore.
The new DSLR’s Basic + is a feature that makes it easier to get the effects, allowing one to adjust image ambience or shoot according to lighting or scene type for perfectly-optimised pictures.
The camera’s grainy B/W filter creates documentary or reportage-style shots, while miniature effect replicates tilt photography by selectively focusing within the frame to make real life subjects appear like a model.
The toy camera effect adjusts colour tones for a unique, retro look and soft focus allows one to soften the shots.
These filters can be applied in-camera to images after they’ve been taken, allowing testing of different outputs immediately after capture.
For those who want to take control, full manual mode provides settings that can be adjusted to suit exacting creative requirements, and unique in-camera RAW processing gives one the power to fine-tune RAW images. The EOS 60D also helps one to organise the image library using new camera features.
The highly-sensitive auto focus system captures detail across the entire image and AI servo mode tracks moving subjects quickly and accurately – shooting fast-paced action in clear, sharp detail.
An extended ISO range also allows shooting in darker conditions. A selection of speeds ranging from 100-6400 enables users to adjust light sensitivity to suit a given scene, and ISO can also be extended to an even faster speed of ISO 12800 – providing the ability to capture shots in environments with very little light at all, such as an evening sunset or indoors.
As well as an almost limitless selection of creative tools, the EOS 60D features a brand new Vari-angle wide LCD screen, providing increased flexibility that allows you to shoot in a series of different ways, such as overhead or at ground level.
With over a million pixels, pictures are displayed with stunning clarity, allowing you to compose, review and alter your images with unrivalled levels of on-screen detail. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia