Motorola launches Android smartphones in Saudi
Riyadh, September 28, 2010
Motorola, a global leader in mobile telecom, has introduced its Android smartphones Milestone and Milestone XT720 handsets to the Saudi market.
“Consumers in Saudi Arabia are demanding ‘media on the go’ and Motorola is responding to this need with the recent launch of the Android product portfolio,” said Mahmoud Sayed Ahmed, marketing director for mobile devices at Motorola Middle East.
“These high-performance devices boast a personalized and customizable user experience for those actively engaged in both their work and social lives.”
“The Motorola Milestone and Milestone XT720 are excellently equipped to bring advanced web services, e-mail, social networking, and entertainment to consumers. Android will serve as the operating system on many of Motorola’s future handsets to be launched in Saudi Arabia,” Ahmed added.
As Android devices, the handsets feature a suite of Google mobile applications including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and YouTube integrated onto the device.
In addition, the mobile phones will come with the option for installing Arab-ware technology, a new definition of localization that enables consumers in Saudi Arabia to use online services, applications stores, and even online information in the Arabic language.
“As Android 2.1 devices, Milestone and Milestone XT720 are designed to enhance the consumer experience – and the full screen web browsing experience, ability to juggle between multiple applications, and suite of Google applications,” Ahmed continued.
“We have been delighted with the anticipation and demand for the mobile phones across the world and are pleased to announce their arrival in Saudi Arabia today,” he added.
Milestone is without compromise, setting new standards for how fast, smart and multi-tasking a modern smart phone should be. Powered by Android 2.1, it offers the ability to use multiple applications at once and is one of the world’s thinnest Qwerty sliders (13.7 mm).
The Milestone also features a hi-resolution, multi-touch, pinch and zoom display with twice the pixels of the leading competitor.
The Milestone XT720 is one of the world’s slimmest 8 Megapixel Android smartphones and the first to have a Xenon Flash, a statement said.
This sleek (10.9mm), capacitive touch Android 2.1 phone also features a high definition (HD) video experience and enhanced media and mobile Internet capabilities.
The Milestone and Milestone XT720 handsets are being introduced in the Saudi market via Motorola’s distribution partner Digico and in conjunction with smartphone retail chain Jarir Bookstores, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint