Samsung launches 2 new digital cameras
Dubai, October 19, 2010
Samsung Gulf Electronics, a global leader in digital media, has unveiled the latest additions to its 2View camera portfolio, the 14.2 mega-pixel ST600 and ST100 at the ongoing Gitex 2010 in Dubai.
The ST600 and ST100 each receive an upgrade to their front LCD screens, activated by a simple tap, which now measure 1.8 inches compared to the 1.5-inch front LCD screens found on their 2View predecessors.
With larger front LCD screens, the ST600 and ST100 make it easier for consumers to properly frame themselves in their photos and videos and be part of the action by stepping out from behind the camera and joining friends and family in front.
The Samsung 2View ST600 and ST100 are available in four colours, including hot pink, gold, black and purple, and are encased in a slim compact frame with a metallic finish.
“Our ground-breaking products reinforce our position as a leading innovator in the digital camera market,” said Ram Modak, head of audio visual division at Samsung Gulf Electronics.
“The ST600 and ST100 combine simplicity of use and perfection; allowing consumers to directly recognize the value of what the dual LCD technology can do by ensuring the ability to take perfect profile shots even if they are not behind the camera,” he added.
The Samsung 2View ST600 and ST100 come equipped with high-quality Schneider Kreuznach lenses which are supported by optical and digital image stabilization to produce blur-free images.
The ST600 combines a powerful 27mm wide-angle focal length with a 5x optical zoom, while the ST100 is the first Samsung 2View digital camera to feature an internal, 5x optical zoom, which keeps the design optimally chic (35mm focal-length), a statement said.
The new ST600 and ST100 feature Samsung’s smart auto (still & movie) scene recognition technology. Smart auto analyses key elements of the composition of the image such as color, brightness, motion and subject and then selects the appropriate scene mode for best results.
Additional features offered by the cameras’ front LCD screens include a self-portrait mode, a couples’ mode which will automatically snap a photo when it detects two faces tilted toward each other, a children’s setting which will play a cartoon animation with sound to encourage young ones to smile for the camera, and a self-timer which provides a visual countdown so that everyone posing for a photo knows exactly when to smile.
The newest feature incorporated into the front LCD screen is Samsung’s jump mode. When set to jump shot mode, the front LCD will provide a visual queue to those in front of the camera to jump in unison, and immediately trigger the ST600 or ST100 to take three consecutive images to help users capture an image that essentially freezes their subjects in mid-air.
The ST600 and ST100 also incorporate Samsung’s smart gesture user interface (UI) which allows for the quick access and use of key features with either a simple tilt or a hand gesture. Users can quickly scroll through photos by slightly tilting the device in either direction, swiping their finger across the screen, or by selecting the appropriate photos for a slide show. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder