Jacky’s sees 15pc sales jump during Gitex
Dubai, October 20, 2010
Jacky’s Electronics, the UAE’s top one multi-brand electronics retailer, has recorded a 15 per cent increase in sales during the first four days of Gitex Shopper as compared to the same period last year.
“This year has been very promising and we have exceeded our sales expectations again. With all the indicators and drivers for this growth, we hope that this year's Gitex will surpass last year's sales,” said Ashish Panjabi, chief operating officer, Jacky's Electronics.
“Among the key factors contributing to the increase in sales are the new product launches from the smartphone and, notebook categories. In addition, the 25 per cent price drops as compared to last year in the laptops boosted sales,” Panjabi added.
In the notebook category, the mid-range Intel Core i5 processor-based laptops performed best indicating consumers shift from Intel Core i3 processor to a more efficient specification processor, he said.
Apple iPhones and Nokia N8 have been sold out in the first days of Gitex Shoppers with some more stocks expected to come for the last few days while stocks for the BlackBerry Torch may only last till Day 6 of the eight day event, said a company statement.
Meanwhile, the Android tablet – Samsung Galaxy Tab – was sold out during its official launching on the day stocks arrived. DSLR cameras have also performed well with a lot of bundle offers from both Nikon and Canon, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder