Nike unveils Ronaldo signature boots
Madrid, October 31, 2010
Nike has announced the launch of 'CR Mercurial Vapor SuperFly II' boot, which has been inspired by football star Cristiano Ronaldo’s lightning speed and effortless style off the pitch.
The CR Mercurial Vapor SuperFly II combines high-performance innovation and heritage of the Nike Safari print, said a statement from Nike.
Nike originally introduced the print on the Air Safari running shoe in 1987, and the unexpected aesthetic transformed performance footwear design.
At the time, trailblazing Nike designer and father of the Air Jordan series Tinker Hatfield began exploring non-traditional materials, patterns and colors to use in athletic footwear and conceived the now legendary ostrich-skin print, it added.
"The limited-run Air Safari quickly sold out and gained an ardent following for its striking design. Now the iconic print is back — this time on the feet of one of the best players in the world. The updated print has a stylized look, wrapping the entire boot and laces for a bold effect," said Hatfield, vice president of Creative Design at Nike.
Ronaldo’s signature CR Mercurial Vapor SuperFly II represents the first time the print has been applied to performance football footwear.
“The Air Safari showed that you can create an athletic shoe that is beautiful and different without forgoing high-performance utility,” Hatfield noted. “It helped individuals make a personal style statement whether they wore it on a run or out at night,” he added.
The game’s fastest player demands a boot that not only reflects his personal style but also delivers superb traction and responsiveness.
“The CR Mercurial Vapor SuperFly II makes a statement on pitch and the Safari print expresses my style,” said Ronaldo. “Combined with incredibly light and responsive performance the boot gives me everything I need to elevate my game,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector