Samsung names Facebook contest winners
Cairo, December 11, 2010
Samsung Electronics, a leader in digital media technologies, has named the winners of a social media competition that invited users to submit their reviews of its 3D LED TVs on Facebook.
The five-week competition, which started on June 13, encouraged consumers to visit Samsung dealers or shops and share their experience about 3D LED TV by posting their comments, reviews or videos on the Samsung TV Mena Facebook fan page.
Entries were evaluated on the basis of originality and creativity. More than 500 people from 14 countries participated.
Amir Abdul from Dubai, Mais Mohaned Al-Baali from Abu-Dhabi, Ghassan Izzat Qasim Alarsma from Jordan, Ajmal Khan from Pakistan and Shimaa Hassan from Egypt were named the winners of the competition.
They each took home a Samsung 3D bundle product which includes a C7000 LED TV, a BD 6900 Blu-ray disc player and a 3D Starter kit which includes 3D glasses and 3D movies.
“Samsung is all about innovation and this unique competition reflects that,” said Duke Park, general manager of Samsung Electronics Egypt.
“We are pleased that the competition has generated so much interest from consumers across the MENA region and I would like to thank each and every one of them for their support. I would also like to congratulate the five winners who are now proud owners of state-of-the-art Samsung entertainment products designed to bring the magic of 3D into their living rooms,” he added.
Shimaa Hassan said: “I am really excited to have won this competition not only because I get to bring home the Samsung 3D TV but also because Samsung deemed my review one of the best amongst all other contestants.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector