Jacky’s launches Facebook contest
Dubai, December 22, 2010
Jacky’s Electronics, the UAE’s leading multi-brand consumer electronics retailer, will give away an Apple iPad to one lucky Facebook Fan who will exchange his old mobile phone at any Jacky’s store.
The campaign is launched in connection with its Go Green campaign – ‘Eco-Exchange: Recycling that pays’.
All Facebook fans of Jacky’s Electronics can enter the competition by taking interesting photos with a Jacky’s customer service executive whenever they exchange their mobile phones for a cash voucher from December 20 to January 19, 2011.
Dubbed as ‘Go Green and win an iPad’, all photo entries must be uploaded on Jacky’s fan page on Facebook to get an entry into the draw for the Apple iPad.
“In October, we have enhanced our Go Green programme by launching the ‘Eco-Exchange’, which hopes to help in the proper disposal of electronic products in the country without any harmful environmental effects,” said Ashish Panjabi, chief operating officer, Jacky’s Electronics.
“Our partnership with The Green Foundation, a leading organisation specialised in electronics recycling, assures us that all devices including accessories are 100 per cent reused or recycled to the highest industry standards through a strict zero landfill policy.”
“This Facebook competition hopes to encourage more consumer awareness for recycling programmes such as this and to encourage recycling of old phones. The fact that you could be the proud owner of an iPad at the same time in addition to a cash voucher which you receive is a bonus for the customer,” he added.
Jacky’s Eco-Exchange scheme accepts up to five mobile phones in a single transaction as well as offers bulk recycling for larger quantities of mobile phones, a statement said.
In addition, customers can trade in their devices in whatever brand or condition. Jacky’s is offering value for non-working mobile phones, and if no value is available, the phones will still be recycled free of charge, it added.
“As the region’s full service recycling company, we are focused on partnering with leading electronic retailers in the UAE to ensure that all electrical items are recycled to the highest industry standards,” said Dominic Gothard, chief executive officer and chairman, The Green Foundation.
With Jacky’s Electronics’ significant fans on Facebook, we are able to promote the recycling of electronic products which are generally being set aside by users,” Gothard concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait