Samsung unveils 3 new smartphones
Manama, January 3, 2011
Samsung has announced the launch of three new smartphones in the Samsung Wave family; the Samsung Wave II (Model: S8530), Samsung Wave723 (Model: S7233) and Samsung Wave525 (Model: S5253).
All are based on Samsung’s own Bada smartphone platform, an open-source operating system incorporating the latest innovations in mobile communications and on-the-go entertainment.
These three new products combine advanced functionality and intuitive usability with features giving users a smarter way to stay connected on the go. The Samsung Wave family offers users greater choice as they optimise and customise their personal smartphone experiences, a statement said.
The heart of the Samsung Wave family is easy access to an application eco-system known as Samsung Apps, and seamless social networking features while the new range marks the next stage in Samsung’s strategy to democratise the smartphone market.
“The new Wave family is testament to Samsung’s continuing commitment to deliver a smartphone for every lifestyle,” said Stephen Jun, head of Mobile Division at Samsung Electronics.
All three new smartphones allow users to access a mass of apps choices from various categories, including games, entertainment, news, music/video, health/life, social networking, reference, productivity, e-book, utilities, quickly and easily with just a single touch of the home screen.
The Wave devices can also serve as complete media centres, offering rich, entertainment experiences on-the-go with a 3.5mm ear jack and an intuitive menu for music and other content.
The Samsung Wave family has also been designed for those who take socializing seriously, by seamlessly integrating one's email, IM, SMS and social networking sites on the device. It also comes with pre-installed Facebook and Twitter apps.
Customisable widgets are also available to all Samsung Wave users.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs